25 October 2010

Paranormal Activity 2...

I will admit I wasn't a fan of the first Paranormal Activity but I decided to give the sequel a chance. 20 minutes into this movie I regretted my decision. It was the same slow paced, boring technique the first film used. I thought having more characters would give you more to go off of, but it actually made it sloppy.

The scares were not there.
The script sucked.
The camera angles they repeated (the front door and the pool) were retarded.
etc..

Not to mention the fact that it was actually a prequel and both Micah and Katie showing up was utterly ridiculous. It takes place in August 2006. The first movie took place in late September 2006 and went into October. They tell you right at the beginning that it is within the final 60 days of Micah's life. They try to touch on the back story of Katie and her sister but they still don't get there. Katie refuses to talk about anything despite being picked on my Micah and her sister's husband.

The advertising tricks you, as well. Trust me when I say all the "scares" present in the movie are in the TV spots. You are not missing anything but seeing a baby sleep, repeated footage of the front door, and an automatic pool cleaner cleaning the pool. I expected more and was extremely disappointed. If they make a third one they won't be getting my $8.

No comments: